Part-time Curling Instructor
Evergreen Curling Club is hiring for the position of Curling Instructor at our facility in Beaverton. This position is responsible for teaching the basics of the sport of curling. No experience necessary. Training is provided.
· Responsible for teaching the basics of the sport of curling at corporate and private curling events at Evergreen Curling Club.
· Works with the Curling Events Manager to teach proper curling technique to beginners in adherence to required program standards;
· Promotes a fun and welcoming atmosphere;
· Is positive and encouraging to all curling event customers;
· Demonstrated customer service skills;
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Curling Events Manager, including event set up and tear down.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Excellent communication skills, both listening and verbal;
· Strong ability to work as part of a team;
· Respects and maintains the sportsmanlike attitude
· Able to accept constructive criticism & / or general supervision;
· Able to handle conflicts & respond to problems & customer concerns;
· Able to maintain a high level of professionalism and leadership while interacting with customers and co-workers;
· Able to recognize & respond to safety & emergency situations;
· Previous experience with the sport of curling is a plus, but not required;
Evergreen Curling Club is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume, inquiries and questions to: Events Manager
If you are not contacted, either you did not meet minimum requirements, your attachment did not open, or we have already filled the position.
Schedule and Compensation:
Work hours typically scheduled on weekdays between 9am and 4:30pm, and occasionally on Saturdays between 11am and 11pm. Additional hours may available doing ice prep and maintenance (4-6pm weekdays). This job is seasonal (September through May).
Starting pay is $13/hr.